Wednesday, February 01, 2006

prayer request...

I haven’t been praying much lately. my relationship with God has been a little rocky, but I guess it is never 100% solid either. I haven’t been praying much lately, and it seems selfish of me not to because I have a billion and two things I could pray about. I’m not sure why I haven’t and I guess I aughta pray about that too. I’m not sure where to start. I am always wondering if in order for a prayer to be a prayer I have to say Dear Lord in the beginning and Amen in the end. Or can I just think about all one billion and two things and send my thoughts up in one big fragmented conversation? Because that I have done alot of. I don’t think that counts, nor do I really think it should. Because every one of those things deserve alot more from me than that. I wish I knew what keeps me from praying more often.

I should just stop wishing and wondering and just start praying huh. I have always had problems with consistant prayer. I’’m working on it but I know it will take some time.

Dear Lord, I am so thankful that you are greater than me. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chantel
A lot of people know how hard it is to pray about things sometimes, and talking about it with God, but something tells me that He likes it when we ask Him for stuff, He's always listening and He is patient. I'll pray for you. :-)
Sheena

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger steph said...

chantel, i feel the same way alot, like i just want to think my thoughts to God as prayers and that is what i do with God. i think that can be prayer too, it doesnt always have to be formal and ritualistic. here's something that i have always hung onto:

"To pray is to listen to the one who calls you My Beloved Daughter...and let that voice resound in your whole being."
- H. Nouwen

ps. i am one of those people who keeps checking your blog for new posts...keep posting lady! :)
much love. steph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home